New Online Judge System for functional languages

Discussion in 'Python' started by Esmeralda Weatherwax, Jun 12, 2004.

  1. For 10 days now, a new online judge (a system for the verification of the
    correctness of submitted programs, which solve problems selected from a
    repository) has been available to the public.

    The Sphere Online Judge (SPOJ) is available at spoj.sphere.pl, and
    supports solutions written in 18 different programming languages
    including Haskell, Ocaml, Prolog, Icon and Ruby.

    At present, well over half the problems can be solved in functional
    languages easily within the time-limit. Soon, source code length
    will be introduced as an additional criterion.

    We would be very pleased if you were interested in solving problems at our
    server, or if you could recommend it to other programmers or students.

    It is also possible to add problems dedicated to functional
    programming, so if you were willing to create some new interesting
    tasks, the development team would be pleased to cooperate.

    With best wishes,
    Esme

    Esmeralda Weatherwax, Jun 12, 2004