new ruby gnuplot

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Roger Pack, Jul 16, 2009.

  1. Roger Pack

    Roger Pack Guest

    Roger Pack, Jul 16, 2009

  2. If you find that this library doesn't handle the combination of
    persistence, mouse interaction, and zombie processes, you may want to
    take a look at:

    http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/307504

    These two libraries (the ruby-gnuplot gem and my own plot.rb) are not
    exactly comparable. The former is a ruby dsl, the latter mostly uses
    strings to talk in gnuplot's own dsl, which I find easier because of
    gnuplot muscle memory.

    Joel VanderWerf, Jul 16, 2009

  3. Roger Pack

    Roger Pack Guest

    Thanks for the input. If I ever need persistence or the what I'll give
    it a whirl.
    =r

    Roger Pack, Jul 16, 2009
  4. gnuplot-2.2 does have the persist option, and probably if you use it,
    mouse interaction (zoom etc) is disabled. That's what my hack gets around.

    Joel VanderWerf, Jul 16, 2009