New to Jython - how to install setuptools?

Dobedani

Hi folks,

I'm new to Jython - not to Python. The good thing about Python is that
there are many packages available which can be installed easily by
means of setuptools. Today I installed Jython, because I'm thinking of
integrating some Python code into a web application which will be
hosted on a web server with Tomcat behind it plus Jython.

I found this webpage and followed the instructions about installing
setuptools:
http://www.jython.org/jythonbook/en/1.0/appendixA.html

Unfortunately, it did not work for me. These are the errors I got:
C:\TEMP\jython>java -jar D:\usr\lib\jython25\jython.jar ez_setup.py
Downloading http://pypi.python.org/packages/2.5/s/setuptools/setuptools-0.6c11-py2.5.egg
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "ez_setup.py", line 278, in <module> main(sys.argv[1:])
File "ez_setup.py", line 212, in main from
setuptools.command.easy_install import main
File "C:\TEMP\jython\setuptools-0.6c11-py2.5.egg\setuptools
\__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
File "C:\TEMP\jython\setuptools-0.6c11-py2.5.egg\setuptools
\extension.py", line 2, in <module>
File "C:\TEMP\jython\setuptools-0.6c11-py2.5.egg\setuptools
\dist.py", line 5, in <module>
File "C:\TEMP\jython\setuptools-0.6c11-py2.5.egg\setuptools\command
\install.py", line 2, in <module>
File "D:\usr\lib\jython25\Lib\distutils\command\install.py", line
15, in <module>
from distutils.sysconfig import get_config_vars
File "D:\usr\lib\jython25\Lib\distutils\sysconfig.py", line 29, in
<module>
argv0_path = os.path.dirname(os.path.abspath(sys.executable))
File "D:\usr\lib\jython25\Lib\ntpath.py", line 492, in abspath
if not isabs(path):
File "D:\usr\lib\jython25\Lib\ntpath.py", line 55, in isabs
s = splitdrive(s)[1]
File "D:\usr\lib\jython25\Lib\ntpath.py", line 121, in splitdrive
if p[1:2] == ':':
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable

I'm suspecting the installation failed because I did not apply certain
settings, but I don't even know how to go about that! Any help will be
appreciated. As you'll understand I'm using Windows XP ;-)

Kind regards ...