New to .net need help/explanation

Dave

Hi,

I'm new to asp.net and visual studio .net.

I'm trying to fix a few problems on a friend's web site and don't really
understand how .net works.

The site is in .net. All asp.net pages have codebehind specified.
Does this mean that the vb code has been compiled?
I notice that I can delete or rename the aspx.vb file and it doesn't
effect the functioning of the site.

If all the code has been compiled, do I need the project file? Can I make
mods without the project file? If yes, how?

Sorry if my questions might be way off target. I hope someone can set me on
the right track.

Thanks!!!

Patrice

Code behind code is compiled in ta DLL placed in the bin directory under the
site root...

Patrice

Dave

Thanks Patrice,

How can I edit these pages if I don't have the visual studio .net project
file?

Dave

Patrice

The command line compiler is part of the .NET framework (vbc.exe). Basically
you should be able to compile all vb files that are under the site root. The
dll should then go in the bin directory...

See :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ml/valrfvbcompileroptionslistedbycategory.asp

A bit strange as it looks like the project was made using VS.NET ?

It could look like :
@echo off
SET v=v1.1.4322
SET compiler=c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\%v%\vbc

%compiler% /out:<DLLPath>\My.dll @options.rsp <Root>\*.vb

With something like :
/quiet
/imports:System