New Visual C/MFC site is on line now http://mfcgoldmine.site90.net

pgadmin

New Visual C/MFC/C++/C# site was generated.
It has all the information upto Jan 16, 2009.
New article look, several chapters fixed.

C++ collection is going to be regenerated soon.
You have a few days to provide some new input.
The last time you were asked, you didn't pay enough
attention it seems. Now is your 2nd chance.

Looking for experts now. If you can state with confidence
that you know some issue in and out, more or less, please
state so either under this thread, or on one of the Goldmine
sites. Even if you want a whole chapter to be added, just
to facilitate you, that is not a problem at all. A few minutes
fumbling with filters and a couple of minutes of generating
a new chapter, plus a few minutes of putting it up on the
site. Piece 'o cake. Everything is nice and smooth here.

Please don't be shy. The information you provide will help
MANY people to learn the ins and outs of it.

You have to have courage to learn the unknown.

If you would like some chapters added, some more topics
covered, or have some ideas on information classification,
you are welcome to make a suggestion.

If you see ANY problems with collections, please state so
in public.

Feedback ALWAYS helps. It helps you and it will help others.

With the next release, it might be incorporated.

A new site can be generated within hours. So, your suggestions
and ideas may get into new release real fast.

Just remember one thing:

This is a goldmine, not a bank.
You can't just come in, push a button a couple of times
and expect some instant orgasm.

You'd have to dig a little, learning TONS on the way,
and it is pretty much guaranteed you'll find and answer
on the issue you might have.

Plus you'll learn some tricks of the trade from some
of the experts or regular writers.

Enjoy now!

--
Java Goldmine:
=============

Mirrors:
http://javagoldmine.by.ru/index.html
http://tarkus01.by.ru/index.html

CPP Goldmine:
=============
http://www.cppgoldmine.comze.com/

MFC/VC Goldmine:
=============
http://mfcgoldmine.site90.net/

Mirror:
http://mfcgoldmine.by.ru/index.html

The Goldmine collections contain over 50,000 articles
per collection, on Java, C++ and Visual C/MFC in over 50 categories.

Tens of thousands of code snippets and examples,
expert opinions and views, and tons of relevant links
in each category. Some links have a short summary.

You can find an answer on any issue within minutes,
if not seconds.

Please spend some time with collection. You'll find PLENTY
of things to learn.

But remember this: It is a Goldmine, not a bank.
You can't just walk in and say: give me some gold!
Nope, you have to dig. But if you dig, you might even find
a nice, shiny nugget, and you won't be the first one at that.

Note:

Java and MFC sites are indexed by Google, Yahoo and other search engines.
(MFC indexing on Google is going very slow).

To find you exactly the articles you are looking for,
specify

site:mfcgoldmine.by.ru (for MFC/VC/C++)

For Java Goldmine Google searches, use

site:tarkus01.by.ru

not javagoldmine.by.ru. http://tarkus01.by.ru has the biggest
Google index.

Should take you a couple of minutes to find anything you want
and learn tons of stuff on the way. Because you are going to
be reviewing the cream of the crop, more or less, for several
years worth of articles. The best you can find for ANY money.
Because it is a Goldmine, not a book, or some screwed up
manual or tutorial.

If you have problems accessing some article, use the mirror site.

If you have any problems, suggestions or ideas, post it under
this thread.

If you'd like to see another chapter, please specify what kind
of issues it should be addressing.

Giovanni Dicanio

This is really spam (I think it is the third time).

I'm not expert of NNTP rules, but if there is some authority, I would like
to signal that as an abuse.

Giovanni

pgadmin

This is really spam (I think it is the third time).

The collections are more helpful to the subject
of ALL the groups, the messages are crossposted,
than all of your talk.

Do you feel threatened just because there is a site,
covering the groups, that has more information, that
you can possibly produce in your life time?

The information in those collections is extracted
from these very groups, and it contains the best
anyone can produce.

To fabricate a "spam" issue out of it, you must have
some problem with your logic. I am not sure these
groups is where you belong. But it is your choice,
obviously.

I don't mind you posting anything. Even if it a complete
crap, just as this very post of yours. I simply push
the button, labelled "Next", and that is all there is
to it.

Do you have trouble pushing a SINGLE button?

Why do you have to bother with this in the first place?

Now, tell me, what is "off-topic" in those collections?
Do they reflect something, NOT related to these groups?

You see, it is probably the best educational material
you can find for ANY money, and it has tens of thousands
of advices, methods of solving problem, issues, and you
name it.

So, what is YOUR problem, sire?

Have nothing better to do in your life than following
on the posts you don't find interesing enough?
I'm not expert of NNTP rules,

Well, not only that. But you seem to be COMPLETELY
clueless.
but if there is some authority, I would like
to signal that as an abuse.

Yep, I have about the best authority on Usenet alive.
His name is Russ Allbery, Da Godhead of Big-8, which
is the most propagated hierarchy there is.

Comp.lang.c++ is in big-8.

Among other things, he is maintainer of one of the most
popular NNTP server, INN. Works at Stanford University.

And here is what he says on the subject of your concern:

"If you don't like something,
do NOT read it,
do NOT followup on it,
and just forget about it".

And that is da BEST advice, by FAR.

--
Java Goldmine:
=============
http://javagoldmine.site90.net

Mirrors:
http://javagoldmine.by.ru/index.html
http://tarkus01.by.ru/index.html

CPP Goldmine:
=============
http://www.cppgoldmine.comze.com/

Visual C/MFC/C++/C Goldmine:
===========================
[...]

Jens Gesing

Hello pgadmin,

In your logic you missed one point: It is generally not allowed to
announce websites or products in newsgroups. That's why Giovanni
classified your posts as "Spam" - and he is right.

No doubt, your site has a lot of information on it but that's not the
point we're talking about here.

We all visited your site now and some will visit it some times more. But
please stop spamming the same information in several groups for several
times.

Greetings,
Jens

Granville Barnett [MVP]

pgadmin,

I suggest that you use other means to promote your site now. Only the other
day I saw a huge thread devoted to a very similar topic by yourself.

Granville

David Webber

This is really spam (I think it is the third time).

I'm not expert of NNTP rules, but if there is some authority, I would like
to signal that as an abuse.

My own view is that an announcement of that general nature in a relevant
newsgroup is not abuse, but that repeating it too frequently is.

Also it could have been much shorter with all the subsidiary information on
the site itself: that would have been both more polite and more effective.

And I'd have been more tempted to visit the site if the poster had used his
name. (I'm assuming it isn't Peter Gadmin.)

But finally, the rant in response to your perfectly reasonable statement,
has convinced me that the site is probably pretty worthless (irrespective of
whether it really is or not). Being civil costs nothing.

Dave
--
David Webber
Author of 'Mozart the Music Processor'

Giovanni Dicanio

My own view is that an announcement of that general nature in a relevant
newsgroup is not abuse, but that repeating it too frequently is.

Dave: I'm very happy when I read an announcement of Joe's new essay being
published, because there is something new to learn.
I would be very happy if someone would announce here on the MFC newsgroup
that there is a ClassWizard tool available for download for VS200x (like it
was available for VC6).
etc.

But I think that this case we are discussing in this thread is completely
different.

Again, as I wrote, to put things in proper context, we already had these
couple of threads:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.vc.mfc/browse_thread/thread/5138e4f1292736b0#

http://groups.google.com/group/micr...ad/cd8333fd25b20df2/208be69fc75b4c85?lnk=raot

Note that the anonymous poster 'pgadmin' is kind of "over-doing" in this
advertisement of his site, and he also offended some people who gave a
negative feed-back on his site.
Again, the proper context is given by the above threads I linked.

But I believe that the best thing I (we ?) can do here is to just ignore
this kind of posts :)

Giovanni

Brian Muth

I agree with Giovanni's and David's sentiments. One post announcing
the site is sufficient. Two posts is irritating. Three posts is spam.
Moreover with the history of vitriol that pgadmin has posted, he
should be banned or blocked.