newbie: debugging on server (not localhost)

Jeff

OS: XP pro sp2
IDE VS.NET 2003

I have developed and web application.. tested (tested on C\Inetpub\wwwroot\)
it and it seems to be working... So I uploaded the web application to an
server so I could test how the application responded on a live server (as
testing on localhost my not trigger all the bugs)..

Testing on the server revealed new errors.... (IndexOutOfRange exception is
thrown etc)....

So I thought maybe it could be an good idea to replace C\Inetpub\wwwroot\
with the server address, so when I run the web application from Visual
Studio I can debug the web application on the server...

However I'm not sure how to change the C\Inetpub\wwwroot\ to another folder,
if it is possible, how's that done??

Anyway, am I'm a newbie and this may not be the best approach to debug
what's happening in the web application while running on the server... So
tips about better debugging techninques are welcome...

Best Regards
Jeff