Newbie: Help with DetailsView insert

news.sbcglobal.net

Hi. I'm hoping this is a simple problem...

I have a web page with a drop down list box containing data (colors for
example) and a DetailsView control where the item selected in the drop down
list box can be edited or a new item added. It's adding items that I'm
having trouble with.

When my user inserts a new value in the DetailsView, I would like that item
to be selected automatically in the drop down list box. Any idea how to
make this happen?

Thanks!

news.sbcglobal.net

It thought I'd try to clarify this question a bit. Using one or both of the
two events which are fired when an item is inserted (ItemInserting and
ItemInserted) using the DetailsView control, I would like to capture the
value of the item being inserted, requery the dropdownlistbox, and select
the newly inserted item in the dropdownlistbox. Thanks again for any help
you can offer.