newbie here: questrions about perl please

Jiminy

need to try and learn a lil perl??? for an univ project we have in our
library.

Have done a lil bit of DOS programming yrs ago,

we have XP Pro and Home on school computers.

Will there be a conflict?

Will be back with info to get the programming lines right for our
directories.

Much thanks.

Professor Joe

Joe Smith

Jiminy said:
need to try and learn a lil perl???

Professor Joe

If you are serious about getting help:
1) Post to comp.lang.perl.misc instead of comp.lang.perl (this newsgroup is defunct).
2) Make the posting in coherent English, with proper spelling.

Jiminy

Joe Smith used his keyboard to write :
If you are serious about getting help:
1) Post to comp.lang.perl.misc instead of comp.lang.perl (this newsgroup is
defunct).
2) Make the posting in coherent English, with proper spelling.

===========
thank you.
we here at the university appreciate your reply.
I didn't see where I misspelled

Professor Joe

Jürgen Exner

Jiminy said:
Joe Smith used his keyboard to write :
I didn't see where I misspelled

My spell checker flagged 8 spelling mistakes right away. Just try it
yourself.
At least 2 of your sentences don't comply with standard English grammar.
Another sentence is formally correct, but I fail to decipher what you might
have meant by this sentence.
Professor Joe

With professors like you it's no surprise that education levels in the US
are at an all-time low. I feel very, very sorry for your students.

jue