    can be used to perform this tasks? Thanks!

    Shell Script example: find /path/to/dir -mtime +30 -exec rm '{}' \;

    Kevin

    kbass, Nov 13, 2003

  2. Here's a short example:

    import os, time

    path = r"c:\tmp"
    now = time.time()
    for f in os.listdir(path):
    if os.stat(f).st_mtime < now - 7 * 86400:
    if os.path.isfile(f):
    os.remove(os.path.join(path, f))

    -- Gerhard

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gerhard_H=E4ring?=, Nov 13, 2003

  3. Well, one way would be

    import os
    os.system("find /path/to/dir -mtime +30 -exec rm '{}' \;")

    but that's cheating (and non-portable, of course).

    Gerhard's code is a great example, but it won't recurse into
    subdirectories like the find command does. For that you need the
    os.path.walk() or (in Python 2.3) the os.walk() function. The
    os.path.walk() version is notorious for its counterinuitiveness, hence
    the newer, friendlier version in the os module.

    I'd gladly recommend Joe Orendorff's 'path' module, which doesn't come
    with the Python Standard Library, but which you can download and
    include either in your site-packages directory, or just put it in the
    same directory as your application. The path module takes a more
    object-oriented approach than the walk() variants in the standard
    library. Example:

    import time
    from path import path

    seven_days_ago = time.time() - 7 * 86400
    base = path('/path/to/dir')

    for somefile in base.walkfiles():
    if somefile.mtime < seven_days_ago:
    somefile.remove()