No Frames??

Rob R. Ainscough

Does ASP.NET support frames? I'm having a hard time trying to figure out
how I can create a frame ASP page?

Thanks, Rob.

Rob R. Ainscough

I'm using frameset simply to hold ASPx pages and load in the appropriate
frame based on a hyperlink button.

I'm hoping this is simple enough??

Thank you for the link.

Rob R. Ainscough

Oh forgot to ask, do you an alternate method (other than frames) which can
accomplish the same task?

Thanks, Rob.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

The main problem with Frames in ASP.NET is figuring out how to pass the
appropriate state data between the pages in the frameset. This is
problematic since the various frames pages never exist on the server at the
same point in time as each other. This requires copious amounts of client
side code to pass data around in creative ways.

Generally user controls (or custom controls) are a simpler option for
repeating common page sections.
In ASP.NET 2.0, Master Pages will likely be the first choice.

Here's more info:
http://SteveOrr.net/faq/UserCustom.aspx

Rob R. Ainscough

Odd, Session state seems to work for me??

Are you suggesting I repeat the same set of controls/graphics in the same
locations for each and every ASP.NET WebForm page I create?? That seems
crazy!!?

Rob.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

No, that's not what I was suggesting.