Noob Question: New to Programming

Eric Raio

Hey I am very new to ruby I am trying to learn as much as I can, I was
looking at this repository and I am curious what this method actually
means.

def self.create_new(params={})

Could someone break it down to me I apologize I am new I do not
understand what the "self.create" means

Thanks
Eric

Ad

Phlip

Eric said:
Hey I am very new to ruby I am trying to learn as much as I can, I was
looking at this repository and I am curious what this method actually
means.

def self.create_new(params={})

Could someone break it down to me I apologize I am new I do not
understand what the "self.create" means

Start here:

http://tryruby.hobix.com/

Next, you gotta walk before you can run. Print out any of the excellent Ruby
books and curl up with it! Reciting them ain't the best use for this newsgroup.
If I told you "define a class method, not instance method, that can call with
nothing or with an option-hash", then we would get mired in recursive definitions...

Top