not authorized message when accessing web server

Guest

If I try to access my web page ashttp://computername/website/default.aspxI'm getting an error message:
You are not authorized to view this page,

but, if I dohttp://localhost/website/default.aspx, I can view my page.

What is causing me not be able to view my page when I enter in the computer
name in the URL?

Do you have an integr. windows authent. configured for the web site
(IIS - properties)?

Guest

yes,
I have allow anyonomous access unchecked and

Intergated windows auth checked and I'm prompted for and ID and pwd if I use
the computername in the URL.

I don't want to be prompted everytime i hit the web sites

Joined
Sep 15, 2006
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Review you IE settings, security. You will probably find that LocalHost is trusted whereas your computername is not