notifying particular thread to wake up.

nebulous99

You've gone recursive; you're now making false acusations about making false
accusations.`

I do not make false accusations; you make false accusations, remember?

Also, what part of "**** off" don't you understand? (Both words are
easy to find on Wiktionary; HTH.)

Mike Schilling

I do not make false accusations; you make false accusations, remember?

And the loop goes round again. The worst thing is, I suspect there's no
exit condition.

blmblm

And the loop goes round again. The worst thing is, I suspect there's no
exit condition.

Well, there is, and it's one you've recommended to me, but apparently
I'm not the only one who has trouble applying it .... (Attempt at
humor rather than criticism here!)

Mike Schilling

Well, there is, and it's one you've recommended to me, but apparently
I'm not the only one who has trouble applying it .... (Attempt at
humor rather than criticism here!)

It's a fair cop.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Well, that's what you're getting, so deal with it.

Then I assume that we can conclude that you claim:

#Links to non-free software or information should be clearly marked as
#such in the newsgroup postings, and good free alternatives should be
#mentioned as well so that people may make an informed choice,

is not usenet standard.

Then explain the nonzero unemployment rates even among people with
technical credentials. Indeed, unemployment in general isn't just
nonzero but fairly nasty and has been for years all across North
America.

My impression is that unemployed IT people in North America is
either just transitioning (they left company A and it takes a few
month before they find company B that matches them) or there are
a reason why companies don't want to hire them (in which case
they should look for alternate industries).

Arne

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Because it's pointless and irrelevant to the original subject of
discussion, and doubly irrelevant to Java. And because you're not my
boss, dictator, grand poohbah, or anything else conferring any
authority over me whatsoever.

It is very relevant.

Because it is absurd that you:
1) consider any correction to you an attack on you
2) think you can accuse other people of anything without any evidence

It is called double standards.

And it tells a lot about the person.

Arne

Mike Schilling

Arne Vajhøj said:
(e-mail address removed) wrote:
On Oct 3, 8:50 pm, "Mike Schilling" <[email protected]>
wrote:
Did it appear to be coded that way?
I'm not an expert on Amazon's URL encoding scheme.
If you did some reasearch [accuses me of doing Bad Things(tm) as usual]

Your accusations are false. Kindly **** off now.

Is that response a good indication of "stellar IQ" ????

Only if the star is a brown dwarf.

Lew

Isn't unemployment at or near historic lows in North America? State by state,
unemployment in the U.S. (part of North America) varies from 2.4% in ID to
7.4% in MI, with a median of 4.4% and national rate of 4.7%, down from about
5.4% a year and half ago. Canada's jobless rate is 5.9%, down from nearly 7%
two and a half years ago. Mexico is at 3.2% or so.

Not "fairly nasty" as such statistics go.

Lew

Mike said:
Only if the star is a brown dwarf.

The idea that a brown dwarf or a red giant has more or less IQ than any other
star is an example of rampant stellarism. They're hydrogen and fusion
byproducts underneath their coronae, just like all stars.

John W. Kennedy

Lew said:
Isn't unemployment at or near historic lows in North America? State by
state, unemployment in the U.S. (part of North America) varies from 2.4%
in ID to 7.4% in MI, with a median of 4.4% and national rate of 4.7%,
down from about 5.4% a year and half ago. Canada's jobless rate is
5.9%, down from nearly 7% two and a half years ago. Mexico is at 3.2%
or so.

Not "fairly nasty" as such statistics go.

Except that, a few years ago, the Bush administration redefined "zero".

nebulous99

#Links to non-free software or information should be clearly marked as
#such in the newsgroup postings, and good free alternatives should be
#mentioned as well so that people may make an informed choice,

is not usenet standard.

It is a norm of usenetters going back ten years or more. It may not be
formally documented in an RFC but that does not matter.

nebulous99

It is very relevant.

No, it isn't.
Because it is absurd that you:
1) consider any correction to you an attack on you

No, it isn't. Any "correction" is an implicit accusation of
wrongdoing. An accusation of wrongdoing constitutes an attack.
2) think you can accuse other people of anything without any evidence

I don't, however; I only do so when there is evidence. Sometimes it's
just circumstantial evidence.

And I don't recall accusing anyone of anything recently. I questioned
someone's motives but I never asserted a definite theory of same. I
suggested some possibilities, without making any specific claims.

[snip rest of arnehole's attack post]

nebulous99

wrote:
Did it appear to be coded that way?
I'm not an expert on Amazon's URL encoding scheme.
If you did some reasearch [accuses me of doing Bad Things(tm) as usual]
Your accusations are false. Kindly **** off now.

Is that response a good indication of "stellar IQ" ????

It's more of an indication that I can't be bothered to waste a whole
lot of processing power on an insignificant little twerp like you.

Patricia Shanahan

It is a norm of usenetters going back ten years or more. It may not be
formally documented in an RFC but that does not matter.

This is the first time I've heard of it, in over 20 years of Usenet
participation.

Patricia

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

Patricia said:
This is the first time I've heard of it, in over 20 years of Usenet
participation.

I have only used usenet in 16 years, but me neither.

So I am not surprised that neb/bb/twisted/paul can not
find a reference.

Arne

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

No, it isn't.

I think it is.
No, it isn't. Any "correction" is an implicit accusation of
wrongdoing. An accusation of wrongdoing constitutes an attack.

I don't, however; I only do so when there is evidence. Sometimes it's
just circumstantial evidence.

There were no evidence what so ever for your accusations.

Actually there were evidence for the internet knowledgeable
that your accusation were false.

Arne