"Object-Oriented" C++?

cppig1995

C++ is not only object-oriented language.
I think the description of this group have to be changed. :)
Have fun!

Jim Langston

cppig1995 said:
C++ is not only object-oriented language.
I think the description of this group have to be changed. :)
Have fun!

"The object oriented C++ language" does not state that C++ is the only
object oriented language.

Just as "The green chair" does not state that the chair is the only green
thing.

user

Jim said:
"The object oriented C++ language" does not state that C++ is the only
object oriented language.

He means that c++ is not only an Object Orientated language but also
supports other programming methodologies.

Jim Langston

He means that c++ is not only an Object Orientated language but also
supports other programming methodologies.

Does "The green chair" mean that the chair is only green? That people
can't sit in it? That it may not be made out of wood?

Mark P

Jim said:
Does "The green chair" mean that the chair is only green? That people
can't sit in it? That it may not be made out of wood?

I think this is off topic and should be taken to c.c.g (comp.chair.green)

benben

Jim said:
"The object oriented C++ language" does not state that C++ is the only
object oriented language.

I think "C++ is not only [an] object-oriented language," is different
from "C++ is not THE only object-oriented language." Please do not
change what the OP means (by forcing a definite article ("the") in place
of an implied indefinite one ("an".))

The implication is that C++ is more than just an object-oriented
language. It is a successful hybrid language and long may it be.
Just as "The green chair" does not state that the chair is the only green
thing.

See explanation above.

Regards,
Ben

BobR

Mark P wrote in message said:
I think this is off topic and should be taken to c.c.g (comp.chair.green)

Only if the green chair does NOT have a CPU!

I've seen (on TV) a full-blown chair that has a computer, screen,
surround-sound system, etc.. And I think you could order it in green!

<G>
Boss: What experience do you have in programming?
Applicant: Well, I programed a chair at my last company!
Boss: Why did you leave?
Applicant: The market bottomed out!
</G>