ObjectDataSource and Content Layers...

Timothy H. Schilbach

Hi Everyone,

I have an interresting issue here. I created a Master Template and derrived
a page from it. It has 3 custom content areas so that I can visually place
all the items where I wish. The issue I am haveing regards an
ObjectDataSource and a Dataview that I have dropped into the page.

I have placed the ObjectDataSource into the "Content1" area. I placed my
DataView into the "Content2" area. The issue is that I get the following
message when loading my page:

"The DataSourceID of 'GridViewRole' must be the ID of a control of type
IDataSource. A control with ID 'ObjectDataSourceRoleObject' could not be
found."

This tells me that even though at design time I can see the 2 content pages
and all the linkings work there and everything compiles with issue, I still
get the error. Now if I move the DataView into the same content area,
everything works.

I did some investigation and I see I am not the only person having issues
with this. Below is the exact problem and a proposed solution:

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Pro...Languages/Dot_Net/ASP_DOT_NET/Q_21783181.html

The problem is that if I try the solution it doesnt work either. There has
to be a way to share an ObjectDataSource between 2 content areas on the same
pages derrived from a master template.

Anyone have any suggestions?

-Timothy