On a dropdown, when you type letter it helpfully selects relateditem. How can I slow the timeout on

anonymoushamster

On my dropdown, if I type it automatically goes to a related item that
matches what I type - so long as whatever I type takes less then one
second.

How can I extend this timeout ?

(I have slow typing users)

many many thanks and 10 free internets to whoever posts the correct
answer = )

Regards,
Hamsters

PJ on Development

Hi,

Do you mean that "feature" of the DropDownList that goes to the first
item matching the first letter typed?

Or the type extender from the AjaxControlToolKit?

If you're refering to the standard DDL, I think that the only way to
change this time would be editing the registry.

However if you're using the extender you'd need to change the code of
the extender.

I have not used the extender yet, so I can't give you a more precise
information about it. I'll check it over the weekend and I can get bat
at ya.

Regards,

Paulo Santos
http://pjondevelopment.50webs.com