ONLINE SERVER TO STORE AND RUN PYTHON SCRIPTS

coldfire

I would like to know that where can a python script be stored on-line from were it keep running and can be called any time when required using internet.
I have used mechanize module which creates a webbroswer instance to open a website and extract data and email me.
I have tried Python anywhere but they dont support opening of anonymous websites.
What s the current what to DO this?
Can someone point me in the write direction.
My script have no interaction with User It just Got on-line searches for something and emails me.

Thanks

coldfire

According to their FAQ they don't support this for *free* accounts.

You could just open a paid account (the cheapest option appears to be

$5/month).

Also, please don't type your email subject in all capital letters. It

comes across as shouting and is considered rude.

Got it and sorry for typing it CAPs I will take care of it next time for sure.
Also Could u help me out with the websites.
Also I have no idea how to deploy a python script online.
I have done that on my local PC using Apache server and cgi but it Works fine.
Whats this all called? as far as I have searched its Web Framework but I dont wont to develop a website Just a Server which can run my scripts at specific time and send me email if an error occurs.
I use Python And i am not getting any lead.

[...]

Sorry I never wanted to be rude.

Jerry Hill

Also I have no idea how to deploy a python script online.
I have done that on my local PC using Apache server and cgi but it Works fine.
Whats this all called? as far as I have searched its Web Framework but I dont wont to develop a website Just a Server which can run my scripts at specific time and send me email if an error occurs.
I use Python And i am not getting any lead.

If you want to host web pages, like your're doing on your local pc
with Apache and cgi, then you need an account with a web server, and a
way to deploy your scripts and other content. This is often known as
a 'web hosting service'[1]. The exact capabilities and restrictions
will vary from provider to provider.

If you just want an alway-on, internet accessable place to store and
run your python scripts, you may be interested in a 'shell
account'[2], or if you need more control over the environment, a
'virtual private server'[3].

That may give you a few terms to google, and see what kind of service you need.

1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_account
2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_host
3 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_server

coldfire

[...]

Thanks a ton I will look into these and Get back to u

coldfire

[...]

Mark Lawrence

Thanks a ton I will look into these and Get back to u

Could we have plain English please and not text speech, thanks. If
nothing else that should help the people whose English is a second or
higher numbered language.

coldfire

I would like to know that where can a python script be stored on-line from were it keep running and can be called any time when required using internet.

I have used mechanize module which creates a webbroswer instance to open a website and extract data and email me.

I have tried Python anywhere but they dont support opening of anonymous websites.

What s the current what to DO this?

Can someone point me in the write direction.

My script have no interaction with User It just Got on-line searches for something and emails me.

Thanks

I got most of it. I will really appreciate is someone out the address of any of the following for use with python
1>Webhost
2>Shell Account
3>VPS
I am really new to all this Got web server and shell account but unable to figure out how to use it or deploy the Code,
My problem is that I m using lot of third party Library which are mostly not supported or I don't know How to make it RUN over Internet

Plz Help