    contributor.

    Thanks
    Saurabh

    saurabh, Jun 22, 2009

  2. If you have experience in C system programming then you could help us
    with psutil:
    http://code.google.com/p/psutil

    You might want to take a look at our Milestone wiki which lists some
    features we would like to implement:
    http://code.google.com/p/psutil/wiki/Milestones

    The platforms we aim to support are: Linux, OS X, Windows and FreeBSD.
    If you're interested feel free to contact me at [g.rodola -AT- gmail -
    DOT- com] or use the psutil mailing list:
    http://groups.google.com/group/psutil

    --- Giampaolo
    http://code.google.com/p/pyftpdlib
    http://code.google.com/p/psutil

    Giampaolo Rodola', Jun 22, 2009

  3. saurabh

    skip Guest

    Saurabh> I am looking for some open source python project preferably in
    Saurabh> one of the above areas (not strictly, am open to others too) to
    Saurabh> contribute.

    If you have some Windows programming experience the SpamBayes project
    (http://www.spambayes.org/) could use some assistance. We have been held up
    because our existing Windows experts have been too busy to contribute much
    for a couple years.

    skip, Jun 23, 2009
  4. saurabh

    python Guest

    Saurabh,

    1. The Dabo crew is doing some exciting thing. Might be worth checking
    out.
    http://dabodev.com

    2. The Py2exe project is also looking for help (and some C experience
    would be beneficial to this project).
    http://py2exe.org

    3. There's a bunch of encryption code floating around in native Python
    that would benefit from being recoded as native C modules.

    Welcome!

    Malcolm

    python, Jun 23, 2009
  5. saurabh

    Alan G Isaac Guest

    A one off project ...

    If you can help figure out how to produce a Windows installer
    of SimpleParse for Python 2.6 and post your experience here,
    I believe quite a few projects would profit, not to mention
    the SimpleParse users themselves.

    Cheers,
    Alan Isaac

    Alan G Isaac, Jun 23, 2009
  6. I'm sure there are many projects which could need a helping hand. But
    instead of pointing you to a specific project I'd rather recommend that
    you contribute to projects you're using for your own daily work. Why?
    Because you simply know what's really needed if you deploy a software
    yourself.

    Ciao, Michael.

    Michael Ströder, Jun 23, 2009
  7. saurabh

    Aahz Guest

    http://wiki.python.org/moin/VolunteerOpportunities

    Aahz, Jun 23, 2009
  8. saurabh

    saurabh Guest

    Thanks a lot everyone for your prompt replies. I am really glad to see so
    many options for me.
    I am sure joining any of the above projects will enrich my understanding
    of python and programming.I will just have to find out , to which project
    I will be most useful.I will definitely join one of them.

    -Saurabh

    saurabh, Jun 24, 2009