Open visual studio project in other path

Guest

Dear all
If I have asp.net 2.0 web project, when i move the folder of web project
into other place, i can't open the web project, how to solve this problem?

Moverover, when i create a stor pro in sql server 2005, it can't save in
local server and to save into a file location. HOw can save in server

Rick Strahl [MVP]

ASP.NET 2.0 by default doesn't have a project file associated with it, so
that's likely why you can't open it.

You can open the SOLUTION file and change the location where it looks for
the Web directory however. You can find the Solution file by default in the
My Document\Visual Studio 2005\Projects directory. You have to change a
bunch of references though. Unless you have a bunch of custom settings in
the solution or multiple projects attached it'll likely just be easier to
Open Web in a new directory.

+++ Rick ---

--

Rick Strahl
West Wind Technologies

gszabo

I recently ran into this problem when I accidentally started an ASP.NET
2.0 Web Services project in the wrong directory on my development
workstation. Thinking in the old VSNET 2003 mindset, I just moved the
project folder using Windows Explorer.

Realizing that the reference from the VSNET 2005 IDE Startup page would
be wrong, I drilled into the project directory via Windows Explorer
looking for the .SLN solution file. No file. Hmmm.

A few minutes of searching and I found the .SLN file in "My
Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects" folder. I don't know about
anyone else, but I absolutely dislike software putting files into the
"My Documents" directory, but I digress.

To fix the problem, I simply started Visual Studio 2005 and clicked my
project under "Recent Projects" on the Start Up Page. I got the
standard error about it not being able to find the project because it
had been moved. Right click on the Solution in the Solution Explorer
window of the IDE and choose ADD...Existing Web Site. Browse to the
new location of your ASP.NET project and click OPEN. VS2005 will pull
the project in and add it to your .SLN file.

It will now look like you have two projects in your solution -- the one
you just added, and the broken one where it couldn't find the project
that was moved. Simply right click on the broken project and remove
it.