OS X, installing modules from CPAN

Justin C

I'm using OS X (10.4.10), I've installed a few modules system wide with:

sudo -H cpan -i Module::Name

I'd like to look at the build directory, there are some examples of the
module in use. The problem is, I can't find .cpan in /root... there is
no /root!

Does anyone know where, under OS X, .cpan is? Not a user one, the one
that would be under /root on a Linux system.

Justin.

J. Gleixner

Justin said:
I'm using OS X (10.4.10), I've installed a few modules system wide with:

sudo -H cpan -i Module::Name

I'd like to look at the build directory, there are some examples of the
module in use. The problem is, I can't find .cpan in /root... there is
no /root!

Does anyone know where, under OS X, .cpan is? Not a user one, the one
that would be under /root on a Linux system.

CPAN knows where.

cpan> o conf cpan_home

Justin C

CPAN knows where.

cpan> o conf cpan_home

Excellent, thank you. I tried 'man cpan' but that's only for
command-line stuff, and doesn't cover the cpan shell. Well, now I know,
and for anyone who's interested: /var/root/.cpan

Justin.

brian d foy

Excellent, thank you. I tried 'man cpan' but that's only for
command-line stuff, and doesn't cover the cpan shell. Well, now I know,
and for anyone who's interested: /var/root/.cpan

If you try

perldoc CPAN.pm

you should get the CPAN.pm docs instead of the cpan(1) docs. :)