    not necessarily looking for Data structures in C\C++, but any on those are
    also welcome.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA.

    DJP, Apr 12, 2005

  2. DJP

    red floyd Guest

    You're OT, but what the heck. Just turning around and looking at my
    bookshelf, I can see several good ones:

    Niklaus Wirth: "Algorithms + Data Structures = Programs"
    (yes, it's *THAT* Wirth)

    Aho, Hopcroft and Ullman: "Data Structures and Algorithms"

    Aho, Hopcroft and Ullman: "The Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms"

    Horowitz and Sahni: "Fundamentals of Computer Algorithms"

    red floyd, Apr 12, 2005

  3. Yeah. Avoid crossposting to C and C++ newsgroups in the future.
    Followups set.
    You might find the "Gang of Four" book helpful - "Design Patterns" by
    Gamma, Helm, Johnson, and Vlissides.

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Apr 12, 2005
  4. DJP

    CBFalconer Guest

    Far OT, and anything crossposted to c.l.c and c.l.c++ is almost
    certainly a mistake. F'ups set to a more suitable newsgroup,
    comp.programming.

    One of the classics in this area is Wirths "Algorithms + Data
    Structures = Programs". Good luck finding it.

    CBFalconer, Apr 13, 2005
  5. DJP

    Mark P Guest

    I find Cormen et al. to be a good reference for data structures in
    addition to algorithms. After all, you can't do much with the latter
    without the former.

    Mark P, Apr 13, 2005