OT (?)... Don Henley Wants This Domain

HeckuvaGuy

Perhaps off-topic, but interesting.

I have been contacted by the lawyers for rock musician Don Henley,
demanding that I turn this domain over to him. They seem to think that
people might mistake me for him, even though I inform EVERYBODY that I
am not! Hey, it's obvious that these guys have never heard me singing
in the shower. Ouch!

http://www.don-henley.com/domain/dispute.htm

now make sure you don't name your kids after someone who may become
famous...

the idiot

HeckuvaGuy said:
Perhaps off-topic, but interesting.

I have been contacted by the lawyers for rock musician Don Henley,
demanding that I turn this domain over to him. They seem to think that
people might mistake me for him, even though I inform EVERYBODY that I
am not! Hey, it's obvious that these guys have never heard me singing
in the shower. Ouch!

http://www.don-henley.com/domain/dispute.htm

now make sure you don't name your kids after someone who may become
famous...

why not sue him for using your name on record sleeves?

Hywel Jenkins

Perhaps off-topic, but interesting.

I have been contacted by the lawyers for rock musician Don Henley,
demanding that I turn this domain over to him. They seem to think that
people might mistake me for him, even though I inform EVERYBODY that I
am not! Hey, it's obvious that these guys have never heard me singing
in the shower. Ouch!

http://www.don-henley.com/domain/dispute.htm

now make sure you don't name your kids after someone who may become
famous...

You were contacted 6 years ago. Why tell us now?

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, HeckuvaGuy quothed:
Perhaps off-topic, but interesting.

I have been contacted by the lawyers for rock musician Don Henley,
demanding that I turn this domain over to him. They seem to think that
people might mistake me for him, even though I inform EVERYBODY that I
am not! Hey, it's obvious that these guys have never heard me singing
in the shower. Ouch!

http://www.don-henley.com/domain/dispute.htm

now make sure you don't name your kids after someone who may become
famous...

I didn't read that whole dispute thing, but it's all about the money.
Get a lawyer yourself, offer him a third, and offer to sell the domain
for $500,000 or whatever your lawyer suggests. Believe me, this is
nothing but a "legal scam", but you'll need representation to win out.

Ed Jay

Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, HeckuvaGuy quothed:

I didn't read that whole dispute thing, but it's all about the money.
Get a lawyer yourself, offer him a third, and offer to sell the domain
for $500,000 or whatever your lawyer suggests. Believe me, this is
nothing but a "legal scam", but you'll need representation to win out.

Probably too late. The information provided to the lawyer via the multiple
emails is enough to lose on, if the lawyer decides to sue..

Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Ed Jay quothed:
Probably too late. The information provided to the lawyer via the multiple
emails is enough to lose on, if the lawyer decides to sue..

You may be right, but good ol' Don needs *professional* advice which
will surely serve him better than the amateur variety.

Travis Newbury

Neredbojias said:
You may be right, but good ol' Don needs *professional* advice which
will surely serve him better than the amateur variety.

Since this all happened in 1999 I would guess it is moot now.

Dan

HeckuvaGuy said:
Perhaps off-topic, but interesting.

I have been contacted by the lawyers for rock musician Don Henley,
demanding that I turn this domain over to him. They seem to think that
people might mistake me for him, even though I inform EVERYBODY that I
am not! Hey, it's obvious that these guys have never heard me singing
in the shower. Ouch!

http://www.don-henley.com/domain/dispute.htm

now make sure you don't name your kids after someone who may become
famous...

That was an interesting domain dispute when it happened in 1999, but
has anything happened regarding it in the years since to make it worthy
of new discussion?

Ed Jay

Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, Ed Jay quothed:

You may be right, but good ol' Don needs *professional* advice which
will surely serve him better than the amateur variety.

I'm sure you're correct. Unfortunately, beyond my couched 'get a lawyer'
post, he's unlikely to find the professional legal advice he needs in
alt.html. :)

Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Travis Newbury quothed:
Since this all happened in 1999 I would guess it is moot now.

Probably, but not necessarily. If the real Don Henley <snicker> simply
wants the domain cheap, it's a waiting game.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Ed Jay quothed:
I'm sure you're correct. Unfortunately, beyond my couched 'get a lawyer'
post, he's unlikely to find the professional legal advice he needs in
alt.html. :)

Exactly. However, it's interesting to read such varied opinions if one
happens to be tired of watching the sitcoms.

Ed Jay

Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, Ed Jay quothed:

Exactly. However, it's interesting to read such varied opinions if one
happens to be tired of watching the sitcoms.

Today, everyone has an opportunity to watch something extremely rare. Bush
admitting fault and accepting responsibility for one of his gaffes
(federal response to Katrina). :)

Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, Ed Jay quothed:
Today, everyone has an opportunity to watch something extremely rare. Bush
admitting fault and accepting responsibility for one of his gaffes
(federal response to Katrina). :)

That is "The" formula for success: accept responsibility for minor
mistakes and deny like hell having anything to do with major ones.
Tried and true, -and transparent to everyone but the typical American
voter.