OT (Error:)

ranjeet.gupta

Hi All,

Can any one help me out, by making me clear, Exactly what does the
below error means.

Compiling...
Error spawning cl.exe
Creating browse info file...
Error spawning bscmake.exe

Sorry to be off topic, Hoping to get reason for the above error,

Thanks In Advance
Ranjeet

Skarmander

Hi All,

Can any one help me out, by making me clear, Exactly what does the
below error means.

Compiling...
Error spawning cl.exe
Creating browse info file...
Error spawning bscmake.exe
Well, I do like a challenge. You haven't even told us what system you're
on, for example.

No no, don't say, I recognize Visual Studio when I see it.

Let's see... Magic 8-ball says that your paths are no good. Now it
depends on what Visual Studio you're using. Let's see.

Try Tools -> Options -> Directories. Now, I don't know what the
resulting dialog box looks like, but there should be paths for the
executable files. These should include the directory where cl.exe
resides (likely something along the lines of C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Visual Studio something something\Vc[0-9]\bin) and a lib directory much
the same; if they don't, add them.

If you're using Visual Studio.NET, I have no idea, as it seems to manage
these things automagically, and I haven't seen it fail yet.

If all else fails, you can always compile/make from the command line by
opening the "Command Prompt" in your VS start menu.

Followups to the newsgroup this most likely belongs in:
microsoft.public.vstudio.general.

S.

Keith Thompson

Can any one help me out, by making me clear, Exactly what does the
below error means.

Compiling...
Error spawning cl.exe
Creating browse info file...
Error spawning bscmake.exe

Sorry to be off topic, Hoping to get reason for the above error,

Why would you expect anyone here to know?

We don't even know what system you're using, and we're not going to
guess. Try asking in a newsgroup that covers whatever system you're
using.

Mark McIntyre

On 13 Nov 2005 21:14:07 -0800, in comp.lang.c ,
Hi All,

Can any one help me out, by making me clear, Exactly what does the
below error means.

It means you broke something.

You don't mention anything at all about your OS, compiler, programme
or anything else that might help us. It also looks entirely like a
problem with your installation and hence not a C problem.

At a guess its Windows and MSVC. Try installing the application, and
then asking in a Windows programming group.