[OT] How to get rid of maniacs like Kamau Kambon? Filtersettings?

Erwin Moller

Hi group,

This is a bit off topic.
I am curious how others in here handle this.
We received a lot of nonsense from a guy naming himself Kamau Kambon.
Don't you hate it too?

Somebody (in here I think) told me about this website:
http://improve-usenet.org/
So I just installed NewsProxy on my system and told it to drop all
articles from googlegroups.
Works fine. I receive a LOT less spam now.
Good so far.

It is a shame this Kamau-Kambon-idiot is not posting via googlegroups as
he should. ;-)
Now my filter let his nonsense pass.
For example: One of his Message-IDs:
<[email protected]>

I wonder, how do others handle this? (If at all)
I am sure some in here have a lot more experience than me in setting up
smart filters.

I could form example add another rule to my filter that drops an article
if it is crossposted to more than X newsgroups, but that could of course
delete valid articles.

I also found this site earlier (and bookmarked it):
http://bearware.info/NewsProxy/newsproxy.html
but it seems it is no longer running. At least I cannot reach it
anymore. (Maybe it is just some temporarely downtime)

So I wonder, what more techniques do you use to filter out garbage?
Any good resources on the net?

Thanks for your time and sorry for the OT posting.

Regards,
Erwin Moller

--
============================
Erwin Moller

Stevo

Erwin said:
I am curious how others in here handle this.
We received a lot of nonsense from a guy naming himself Kamau Kambon.
Don't you hate it too?

I just added him to my garbage filter in thunderbird (Tools->Message
Filters). Any message that arrives from him and anyone else I added in
the past that posts such stuff just gets marked read and marked ignored.

It'd be nice to know that the poster is being pursued for writing that
kind of stuff. If he were to spout that kind of hyper-racism on TV or
Radio there'd be an outrage. On here though, it probably goes unpunished
I imagine.

Erwin Moller

Stevo schreef:
I just added him to my garbage filter in thunderbird (Tools->Message
Filters). Any message that arrives from him and anyone else I added in
the past that posts such stuff just gets marked read and marked ignored.

It'd be nice to know that the poster is being pursued for writing that
kind of stuff. If he were to spout that kind of hyper-racism on TV or
Radio there'd be an outrage. On here though, it probably goes unpunished
I imagine.

Hi Stevo,

Yes, that works for his current name.
But these kind of people change them all the time. :-(

And I know about Thunderbirds messagefilters, but I am NOT happy with
the standard Thunderbird filtering.
It missing the ability to filter out on headers I need.
(like Message-ID:*googlegroups*)
According to bugzilla people are working on that since 2000 or
something. ;-)
Seems nobody cares enough to implement it in Thunderbird since simple
helpers as NewsProxy exist.

Regards,
Erwin Moller

--
============================
Erwin Moller
Now dropping all postings from googlegroups.
Why? http://improve-usenet.org/
============================

Aaron Gray

"Erwin Moller"
Stevo schreef:

Hi Stevo,

Yes, that works for his current name.
But these kind of people change them all the time. :-(

Usually UseNet server deal with this spam automatically. There's tons we
donot see, I just tend to delete what little gets through.

Aaron

John W Kennedy

Erwin said:
Stevo schreef:

Hi Stevo,

Yes, that works for his current name.
But these kind of people change them all the time. :-(

And I know about Thunderbirds messagefilters, but I am NOT happy with
the standard Thunderbird filtering.
It missing the ability to filter out on headers I need.
(like Message-ID:*googlegroups*)
According to bugzilla people are working on that since 2000 or
something. ;-)
Seems nobody cares enough to implement it in Thunderbird since simple
helpers as NewsProxy exist.

I am told it will be in the next alpha build of Thunderbird 3.0.

--
John W. Kennedy
"Give up vows and dogmas, and fixed things, and you may grow like

Charles Packer

"Erwin Moller"
message

We just got spammed by a moron !

Aaron

....And I predict that he will move on and not bother
this newsgroup again. He (or they) typically target
the *.general and I can see that (using Google Groups
profile-viewing tool), overnight, they have started to
strike them heavily but haven't posted any more here.

Erwin Moller

Ivan Marsh schreef:
I'm going to guess you and he are one and the same trying to sell your
crap.

Now you can go in my killfile right along side him.

Ivan, you are such an idiot.
You cannot even read.
Or think logically: Why on Earth would I start a discussion on how to
filter him away if we are one and the same?
And what crap am I trying to sell you? A free wellknow usenetfilter?

Learn to read and think before trying to write in here.
Moron.

Erwin Moller

--
============================
Erwin Moller
Now dropping all postings from googlegroups.
Why? http://improve-usenet.org/
============================

Peter Michaux

Hi group,

This is a bit off topic.
I am curious how others in here handle this.
We received a lot of nonsense from a guy naming himself Kamau Kambon.
Don't you hate it too?

It is very offensive.

I've reported every spam email "he" has sent as hate/racist to Google.
I use Google groups interface to read c.l.js. I've also reported every
of these recent shoe spam messages as spam to Google.

Peter