    may change at some point. I shall restrict myself to ordering by first
    names in this thread.

    I don't want to discuss killfiles. I'd rather discuss C.

    Keith Thompson, Jan 5, 2009

  2. Keith Thompson

    Richard Guest

    Wow, I must have really missed something. Someone is really stirring up
    the hornets nest here. While clearly a troll, it's very cleverly done
    with the names - most of whom Heathfield/Keith would have others believe
    are trolls because they (with the exception of Falconer) do not kiss their
    holy arses.

    Richard, Jan 5, 2009

  3. Keith Thompson

    vippstar Guest

    You have not killfiled Bill Cunningham but you have killfiled Richard
    Heathfield. What the hell is going on?
    Why did you killfile RH in the first place? I'm glad you started using
    killfiles and if others do the same we'll have less replies to trolls.
    I don't use a killfile but I can manage not replying to others.

    Others to plonk IMHO:

    , , Bill Cunningham,

    vippstar, Jan 6, 2009
  4. Check the message ID to which you were responding. It is

    Recognize when the (anonymous) assholes are impersonating real people.

    Martin Ambuhl, Jan 6, 2009
  5. Keith Thompson

    Richard Guest

    (aside note : no you dont. You get the size of the space occupied by
    the node, not the combined sizes of its elements which is quite clearly
    what srikar meant).
    *bingo*! Totally clear to anyone outside of the CLC clique. But why
    understand when you can get c.l.c reg points by being totally anal
    retentive and pretending the common mans understanding of language is
    insufficient to represent your many faceted thinking?
    I must ask, have you spanked Vippstar who was getting quite intolerable?
    He even says "indeed" a lot now. I saw him getting quite in a tizzy when
    he thought KT had killfiled RH.

    Richard, Jan 6, 2009
  6. Keith Thompson

    Richard Guest

    Heh heh. It had been noticed.

    Richard, Jan 6, 2009
  7. Here too.

    Also enjoyed the irony of "Vip Star" saying
    "I'm glad you started using killfiles and if others do the same we'll
    have less replies to trolls. I don't use a killfile but I can manage
    not replying to others"
    in a message that was replying to a "troll"...

    Antoninus Twink, Jan 6, 2009
  8. Keith Thompson

    Richard Guest

    Vippstar had all the signs of being a lackey a long while back. It seems
    his transformation is complete.

    Richard, Jan 6, 2009
  9. Keith Thompson

    Richard Guest

    The thing is, people often make errors. There is nothing wrong with
    that. But what really got on my tits so much was Vippstar rushing to use
    his heroes code and making the basic beginner errors which any half
    decent C programmer covers himself from in the basic framework
    building. The q==NULL example being typical. No line read. Having ISO C
    might be all well and good but its f*ck all use if you can not structure
    into something maintainable and debuggable. Something some of the regs
    here do not seem to realise.

    HIS response to someone else would have been something smug like

    "Chapter and verse of where a NULL pointer to printf is supported
    please".

    Keep up the good work.

    In that thread you helped the OP I think. Helped in understanding that
    not everything from regs smells of roses. It was also noticeable how
    quickly the usual suspects ran in telling you to "show the problem
    solution" rather than hint at it - something that is not always the best
    approach and certainly something that, "JoJo" at lest, they are very
    unlikely to do themselves either but for different reasons.

    Richard, Jan 6, 2009
  10. Keith Thompson

    Chad Guest

    Han, if you have a killfile, add me to that list. Thank you.

    Chad

    Chad, Jan 6, 2009
  11. Keith Thompson

    CBFalconer Guest

    For the moment you can clearly tell the fake posts by the
    Message-ID. The fakes use:

    <>

    where the initial portion (before the '@') is unique to the
    individual message.

    CBFalconer, Jan 6, 2009
  12. Keith Thompson

    George Guest

    vippstar broke his clc cherry to respond to me. My theory is that he is
    Michael Mair, who used to be the person who would crawl out to kill my
    buzz. His first post contained my signature expression: tja.

    --
    George

    The wisest use of American strength is to advance freedom.
    George W. Bush

    Picture of the Day http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/

    George, Jan 15, 2009