Page and Iframe, wait for iframe to load before manipulating the DOM

BerlinBrown

Do you know if it is possible to wait for the iframe page to load and
then manipulate the iframe DOM.

E.g.
mypage:
<script>
function myinit() {
theiframe.location = "iframe_with_frames.html"
waitforiframe() {
theiframe.frames[0].location ="mynewpage3.html";
</script>
<iframe src="empty_page.html" name="theiframe" />

iframe_with_frames.html:
<frameset>
<frame src="page1">
<frame src="page2">
</frameset>

Madhumita

Do you know if it is possible to wait for the iframe page to load and
then manipulate the iframe DOM.

E.g.
mypage:
<script>
  function myinit() {
    theiframe.location = "iframe_with_frames.html"
    waitforiframe() {
           theiframe.frames[0].location ="mynewpage3.html";
</script>
  <iframe src="empty_page.html" name="theiframe" />

iframe_with_frames.html:
<frameset>
  <frame src="page1">
   <frame src="page2">
</frameset>

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I may not have control on the iframe
contents. Also where is waitforiframe being called and where would
trigger the start time in your case?

Thanks.

[...]

That is pseudo code. I don't have the implementation.
waitforiframe() { }

Should you even wait for the iframe to load. Ideally I want to avoid
using timers.

Madhumita

[...]

using timers.- Hide quoted text -

Timer means just doing a Date() function. Why would you avoid that?
How else would you compute the loading time?
My question was not implementation specific, I didn't see the use of
your waitforiframe question.

[...]

I don't need to compute the loading time? I dont think.

If I run the code here, it won't acknowledge:
theiframe.frames[0]

Because this operation probably hasn't completed yet.
theiframe.location = "iframe_with_frames.html"

Is there a way to "wait" for the iframe to load and then set the frame
data.

I was looking at addEvent.'onload' but from reading online, doesn't
apply to sub-dom objects, only the current page.

[...]

}

Sorry, I saw your early question; I am not responding your EARLIER
question. I started a new one on a similar subject. Wow, it is a
small world, the questions are very similar and about the same time.