Page Doesn't Display in IE

Ian Semmel

This is a bit of a long shot as I haven't got much info but here goes.

For some reason, a particular page (or part of a page - I'm using master
pages and this is the main panel) won't display in IE until I resize it.
This only occurs in IE, Safari and FireFox are OK. The background colour
is there, but none of the labels, text boxes etc.

Refreshing the page doesn't do anything. It used to work, but I've done
something to stuff it up. I have to resize it (either going to full
screen or moving the borders) and it then works. All the stuff seems to
be there. If I view the source and copy the text as a new page it sort
of looks ok.

I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem.

Kevin Spencer

Based on the sketchy information provided, I can tell you that the problem
is caused either by JavaScript or CSS.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Chicken Salad Surgeon
Microsoft MVP

Ian Semmel

Yes, it is something to do with the css.

The problem is not exactly what I described. What I have is a left
column and a right column. If the form in the right column is too wide
for the browser window, Safari displays it in the correct position and
activates the horizontal scroll bar. IE moves it down below the left
column (where I couldn't see it, hence the misinformation of the

I have an MS sample somewhere that contains a lot of secret magic css
which is supposed to deal with all this so I will start there. Thanks
for your help.