Passing checkbox values from one JSP page to another

udelram

Hi,

I'm trying to get user selections (using checkboxes) on one JSP
page(A.jsp) and pass them on to another page.

So I have one page with a list of dynamically populated items like
this

1 [checkbox]
2 [checkbox]
n [checkbox]

Submit button

So the second page(B.jsp) needs to say " You selected 1,2,3" (apart
from stuffing them into a database)

Here's a snippet of code from A.jsp

<% String url = "jdbc:mysql://...";
String user= "";
String pass= "";

try{
Class.forName ("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver").newInstance ();
Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url, user, pass);
ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery("SELECT * FROM <tablename>");

while(rs.next()){ %>
%> checked"></td>

<% String selection = rs.getString("ID");
temp = temp + selection + "_";
}
rs.close();
conn.close();
}catch(Exception e)
{out.println(e.toString());
}
%>
<form name="form1" method="post" action="B.jsp">
<label>
<input type="submit" name="Select" >
</label>
</form>
</BODY>

The table in question has 2 columns - ID and DESCRIPTION. I also need
to capture the IDs from all the user selections and pass them on to
page 2 as a string

If the user selects items 1, 2, 3, I need to pass _1_2_3

I'm not familiar with checkboxes and unable to capture only those that
the user selects. In the example above, I'm trying to capture only
those IDs from the checkboxes the user selects under temp. Right now,
every single ID is appended to temp and it looks like _1_2_3_...._n.

Can you pls. take a look at the code?
Thank you for your time!

D.

sandy

Figured out...

Thanks..

i think by using java script on this check boxes we will get the
boolean as if selected we get true then if checkbox is true then add
it to request as attribute and display them in another jsp.

Lew

sandy said:
i think by using java script on this check boxes we will get the
boolean as if selected we get true then if checkbox is true then add
it to request as attribute and display them in another jsp.

Javascript is not required. Use a controller servlet to decipher the request
parms, then dispatch to the destination JSP with values predefined, say via
request.setAttribute(). Everything can be done server-side with normal HTML
form semantics.

Joined
Jun 24, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I need help in this

--
Lew

i have a main JSP a child JSP,when i click on the button in main form,the child with three check box inputs,based on the selection in the child JSP,the values of the particular fields in parent form should be filled

can u help in that?:stupido3: