passing the value of dropdownlist into gridview

Joined
May 17, 2013
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Greetings everyone, I have a dropdownlist populated by my database, below is my code:

Code:
<asp:DropDownList ID="DropDownList1" runat="server" DataSourceID="dsNames"
                DataTextField="Name" DataValueField="Id">
            </asp:DropDownList>
            <asp:SqlDataSource ID="dsNames" runat="server"
                ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:dbProfilesConnectionString %>"
                SelectCommand="SELECT Lname+', '+Fname AS Name,Id FROM tblProfile">
            </asp:SqlDataSource>

Beside my Dropdownlist, I have a button and below I have a Gridview, what I want to achieve is whenever I select one of the name in my Dropdownlist, then when I click the button the name should be added in gridview. I am using asp.net with c#. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. God Bless :)