password protection of web pages and restrict access..all in javascript

chris

Hi,

I will be looking to use gatekeeper or some other javascript method of
password protection but...

Once there I need a way of resticting access to a page to stop someone
from bookmarking and jumping directing into an area they may not have
access to bypassing the login page.

Any ideas or links??

Chris

Jerry Park

chris said:
Hi,

I will be looking to use gatekeeper or some other javascript method of
password protection but...

Once there I need a way of resticting access to a page to stop someone
from bookmarking and jumping directing into an area they may not have
access to bypassing the login page.

Any ideas or links??

Chris
You can secure access to a page in javascript, but the effort far
exceeds the result. Best to use a server side solution.

The only way to really secure a site in javascript is to use an
encryption algorithm to encrypt the page, then on receipt of the correct
password, decrypt and display the page. In that set up, the password
does not exist on the page and no one can link to the page since it
doesn't exist until decrypted.

But again, the effort to create and maintain such a system is prohibitive.

kaeli

Once there I need a way of resticting access to a page to stop someone
from bookmarking and jumping directing into an area they may not have
access to bypassing the login page.

Any ideas or links??

Sessions or .htaccess are the more secure ways of doing this.

~kaeli~
Jesus saves, Allah protects, and Cthulhu
thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace