PEP 350: Codetags

?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois?= Pinard

[Bengt Richter]
The most detailed discussion I could find was
http://hydracen.com/dx/iso8601.htm

Also of interest::

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-time.html
IMO they [ISO] ought to think of another way to get funded).

People have been complaining for decades. ISO seemingly run a high
overhead. :)
Anyway, the 'T' looks to me to be optional by mutual agreement between
particular information exchangers, but otherwise required?

I quickly poke around on the net, and the ``T`` is often presented
as required, yet I really thought I read otherwise somewhere.

Not much of an argument, I once scrutinized the ISO standard itself, yet
I likely do not remember much of it! This was quite a while ago, for
a French-written study and report I wrote under contract (archives at
http://www.progiciels-bpi.ca/man/normes/index.html :). Yet, I do not
remember having retained the 8601 standard in that study.