Porting notmm to pep 3333 and mod_wsgi

Etienne Robillard

Hi,

Has PEP-3333 introduced backward incompatibilities or changes in unicode encoding
and decoding or should this updated pep require python 3 to make mod_wsgi working with wsgi 1.0 (pep-333)
scripts ? Moreover is it possible to use python 2.7 with mod_wsgi at all without the utf-8
encoding errors?

Besides theses minor Unicode encoding problems I'm glad to announce experimental mod_wsgi support for notmm
on python 2.7.3. I will also include a sample app into the next notmm release as a proof-of-concept for Django-based
projects but so far I haven't found more serious problems following the standard documentation in mod_wsgi 3.4...

Furthermore this newer support for mod_wsgi should allow experimented Django developers to use mod_wsgi and Apache as an alternative to FastCGI (and nginx) for serving high-performance Django apps compiled into optimized C bindings using Cython and notmm! :)

Cheers,
Etienne

--
Etienne Robillard
Green Tea Hackers Club

Donations for the notmm project are accepted through Pledgie.com.
For more info please visit:
http://pledgie.com/campaigns/16268