perl and cgi

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Ela, Mar 27, 2008.

  1. Ela

    Ela Guest

    Dear all,

    Would you mind telling me how to fix this problem?

    "You don't have permission to access abc.cgi on this server."

    I've changed httpd.conf to include the doNav.cgi in the non cgi-bin
    directory,

    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/www/cgi-bin/"

    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/www/html/ice-front/test/"

    and

    added Addtype

    AddType application/x-httpd-cgi .cgi

    restart the httpd service

    Google search returns results which may be of no information.

    And my link is :

    http://137.189.50.236/test

    Best Regards,

    Ela

    Ela, Mar 27, 2008

  2. Ela

    Ben Bullock Guest

    Well, don't be so sure:

    http://tinyurl.com/2v9epe

    Anyway your question is about Apache configuration, not Perl.

    Ben Bullock, Mar 27, 2008

  3. Ela

    John Bokma Guest

    did you chmod 755 abc.cgi ?

    John Bokma, Mar 27, 2008
  4. Ela

    Ela Guest

    Dear Ben,

    Thanks a lot for your help. Indeed why I was asking that is because without
    using other installed modules or my own modules, the CGI script works well
    otherwise.

    The first row of use includes:

    use Bio::Graphics; use Bio::Graphics::Feature; use Bio::SeqFeature::Generic;
    use Bio::SeqIO; use GeneticCode;

    I once wonder it's the problem of httpd but it should be not. I have already
    included use CGI qw:)standard);

    Thanks once again~~

    Ela, Mar 27, 2008