Perl scrpit to reschedule AT command?

Dave

Hi
I once saw a perl script that was able to reschedule the AT command
but am unable to find it.
I am not able to use the language myself and would appreciate a rehit
of the script please, or a pointer to where I could likely find it.
Using a cron would be best but I haven't the rights to use it and wish
to trial a run with the At command first before getting someone to set
up a cron job. Am using the at command to run sqlplus script on
oracle 10. Also do not wish to use the scheduling facility in Oracle
this time.
Thanks
Dave.

Michael Greb

Hi
I once saw a perl script that was able to reschedule the AT command
but am unable to find it.
I am not able to use the language myself and would appreciate a rehit
of the script please, or a pointer to where I could likely find it.
Using a cron would be best but I haven't the rights to use it and wish
to trial a run with the At command first before getting someone to set
up a cron job. Am using the at command to run sqlplus script on
oracle 10. Also do not wish to use the scheduling facility in Oracle
this time.
Thanks
Dave.

From your post I have no idea what you are trying to do. You might try
posting a description of exactly what you are trying to do and what you
have tried.

Dave

Hi
I once saw a perl script that was able to reschedule the AT command
but am unable to find it.
I am not able to use the language myself and would appreciate a rehit
of the script please, or a pointer to where I could likely find it.
Using a cron would be best but I haven't the rights to use it and wish
to trial a run with the At command first before getting someone to set
up a cron job. Am using the at command to run sqlplus script on
oracle 10. Also do not wish to use the scheduling facility in Oracle
this time.
Thanks
Dave.

Why not?
too old, lazy, busy to learn for now but wish to have a go in the
future. Just meddling for now. apologies.
Why do you not wish to use the scheduling facility in Oracle?

Database Admin has concern with dbms_scheduler or with me using it and
suggest I use the unix at command to schedule a job. That's fine but
as the unix at command only runs once I would prefer to run the perl
script ( a rather simple script that I took a fancy to, but lost)
which would run the unix at command and then resubmit the at command
to run again tomorrow. I am not trying to bypass Sys Admin advice, but
testing a script first for a while to iron out problems before
possibly requesting a cron job be set up later.
Dave

Rick Scott

(Dave said:
I once saw a perl script that was able to reschedule the AT command
but am unable to find it.

It wouldn't be a difficult thing to write yourself. Use atq to get
a list of jobs, at -c <job_number> to find out what the contents of
a job are, at <new_time> to create a new job, and then
I am not able to use the language myself

Really? You should try it; you'd probably like it.

By the way, have you read the posting guidelines for this group?
http://mail.augustmail.com/~tadmc/clpmisc.shtml
I ask merely out of curiosity.

Rick