Persist impersonated NT credentials across pages

Eric

Hello,

I am trying to build a web app that sits "on top" of SharePoint, but I am
having trouble with the Windows login. Here is what I want to accomplish:

1. The user will log into my application using non-NT credentials (stored in
DB).
2. My code then determines if this person is (for simplicity's sake) a User
or Admin.
3. If a User, I want to log into the Windows domain using the SP_USER domain
account.
4. If Admin, login using SP_ADMIN.
5. Then, I will link over to the SharePoint portal, having the SP_USER or
SP_ADMIN credentials "automagically" passed.

I am having problems with steps 3 and 4. When you manually log into a page
using NT credentials--then link over to SharePoint--the Windows credentials
are automatically passed.

However, impersonated credentials fall out of context immediately after that
code block is finished executing. (The source code that I used is similar
to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306158.)

So my question, what API calls are needed to either:
- Store or otherwise persist the impersonated credentials to out-of-context
pages
OR
- Programmatically perform a TRUE Windows domain login without user
intervention, so that credentails are automatically passed to another page
without a Windows login prompt?

Thank you!

Eric

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

you can always cache the WindowsIdentity with System.Web.Cache....