Playing Games with "Ruids"

David Springer

Ah! but the TROLL will just start a new thread/jump in on an existing one.
What we need is a way to ignore all post s by a certain user.

Seebs

Ah! but the TROLL will just start a new thread/jump in on an existing one.
What we need is a way to ignore all post s by a certain user.

Wow, if only every newsreader released since the mid-80s had done
exactly that.

Seriously, use Usenet for this stuff.

-s

Ryan Davis

Ah! but the TROLL will just start a new thread/jump in on an existing = one.
What we need is a way to ignore all post s by a certain user.

For ages I've been wanting to have a baysian filter that classifies =
entire email threads with "read" or "nuke" based on whether it finds it =
interesting. I'd want it to have extra weight associated to the people =
involved in the thread. Blacklist thunk, ilias, and trans and I'd be =
set.

Ryan Davis

=20
Wow, if only every newsreader released since the mid-80s had done
exactly that.
=20
Seriously, use Usenet for this stuff.

you need to acknowledge that there are 3 different ways that people use =
this:

+ ruby-talk mailing list
+ ruby-forum
+ usenet (through various interfaces)

AFAIK, all 3 of these are bidirectional, tho that may not actually be =
the case with ruby-forum.

Seebs

you need to acknowledge that there are 3 different ways that people use this:

I have acknowledged them.

By suggesting that if you want the kind of functionality a newsreader
provides, you should use a newsreader and the Usenet interface.

I wouldn't be telling people "switch to Usenet" if I didn't think there were
other interfaces.

-s

Intransition

you need to acknowledge that there are 3 different ways that people use t= his:

+ ruby-talk mailing list
+ ruby-forum
+ usenet (through various interfaces)

There is also the google-group archive of the mailing list and the
google-group archive of the usenet group, not to mention gateways like
gmane.