please provide urls for some python success stories.

krishnakant Mane

hello all.
actually I have been recently appointed as a technology consulltent at
a huge company.
and I have couple more such projects in the pypeline.
unfortunately the officials out here are too much in favour of java
and I have personally worked with both and find that python is heaven
in syntax and makes it very easy to do complex things. on speed? I
think experts on this list can give better answer, but efficiency and
maintainance wise there is nothing like python I believe.
the problem here is that I am from India and all indians on this list
can correct me if I am wrong, very few people know about python here.
infact a vast majority of programmers ask me "python? what is that!"
they don't even know that it is a programming language, let alone using it.
but I am amongst the very few who have actually used both java and python.
I need some strong evidence to prove to these stupid and java oriented
officials that there is some thing better than java called python.
can some one provide me some urls or may be share some personal
experience on this issue?
I saw a couple of blogs and a few success stories on the python web site itself.
but the common answer I am getting is "y! even java can do this and
java is much faster!"
I am really adicted to python due to its superiority and efficiency
and the amount of libraries.
but I need some strong official efidence.
Please help me, I don't want to leave python.
Krishnakant.