please, read this exact problem in accessing java webservice from .NET client through VS.NET2003

narasimham

Hi Mr. Dino

Thank you very much for responding
I am using VS.NET 2003 only.
I am able to access otherwebservice hosted on internet. (samples ...)
http://otn.oracle.com/ws/oracle.otn.ws.scott.OTNDeptEmp

http://www.webservicex.net/BibleWebservice.asmx

http://ws.digiposs.com/WorldTime.jws

Previously I was unable to access the above webservice probably due to
your reason being i was using VS.NET 2002.
Now, i faced no problem in accessing in above webservices, all are
working fine.

I am able to access the webserivce through java client which is
developed by us.
When the reference file is generated the port info is given as
(constructor)...

public JDASWS() {
this.Url = http://dti.fusiontech.com:80/jdas/jdas;
}

where the webservice is running actually at port 8080.
The code I have written to access the webmethod say (login) is ...

com.fusiontech.dti.JDASWS jdasws = new com.fusiontech.dti.JDASWS();
jdasws.Timeout = -1;
jdasws.login("john","john","");

If the time out is not set to -1, the its saying "operation timed out",
otherwise the error message is ...

"An unhandled exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in
stem.web.services.dll
Additional information: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected
error occurred on a receive."

If I change the port in reference.cs to 8080 (form 80) as
http://dti.fusiontech.com:8080/jdas/jdas,
The error occured is ..

"An unhandled exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in
system.web.services.dll
Additional information: The request failed with HTTP status 502: Proxy Error
( The Uniform Resource Locator (URL) does not use a recognized protocol.
Either the protocol is not supported or the request was not typed correctly.
Confirm that a valid protocol is in use (for example, HTTP for a Web
request). )."

We don't have any proxy servers in between.

For your reference, i am giving java code too, please go through

com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.JDASWS_Impl jdasImpl =null;
com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.JDASInterface port=null;
com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.SessionResult sr=null;
try {
jdasImpl = new com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.JDASWS_Impl();
port = jdasImpl.getJDASInterfacePort();
sr =
(com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.SessionResult)port.login2("john","john","De
sc",true);
}
catch(Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}

Please help me in figuring out the exact problem, and suggest me a
solution.

Thanks & Best Regards
Narasimham AVL
(e-mail address removed)