    Could you please hlep in getting around this problem.

    Regards
    Narasimham AVL

    narasimham, Nov 17, 2003

  2. there was a problem in .NET V1.0 where wsdl.exe (and I believe VS.NET as
    well) dropped the port from webservices not running at port 80.

    However with .NET v1.1 and VS.NET 2003 this problem no longer occurs. You
    can verify this by checking the generated reference.cs to see that the
    proper webservice endpoint is used (including :8080 if appropriate).

    Is the webservice accessible from non-.NET clients?

    -Dino

    Dino Chiesa [Microsoft], Nov 19, 2003

  3. narasimham

    narasimham Guest

    Hi Mr. Dino

    Thank you very much for responding
    I am able to access the webserivce through java client.
    When the reference file is generated the port info is given as
    (constructor)...

    public JDASWS() {
    this.Url = http://dti.fusiontech.com:80/jdas/jdas;
    }

    where the webservice is running actually at port 8080.
    The code I have written to access the webmethod say (login) is ...

    com.fusiontech.dti.JDASWS jdasws = new com.fusiontech.dti.JDASWS();
    jdasws.Timeout = -1;
    jdasws.login("john","john","");

    If the time out is not set to -1, the its saying "operation timed out",
    otherwise the error message is ...

    "An unhandled exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in
    stem.web.services.dll
    Additional information: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected
    error occurred on a receive."

    For your reference, i am giving java code too, please go through

    com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.JDASWS_Impl jdasImpl =null;
    com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.JDASInterface port=null;
    com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.SessionResult sr=null;
    try {
    jdasImpl = new com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.JDASWS_Impl();
    port = jdasImpl.getJDASInterfacePort();
    sr =
    (com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.SessionResult)port.login2("john","john","De
    sc",true);
    }
    catch(Exception e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
    }

    Please help me in figuring out the exact problem.

    Thanks & Best Regards
    Narasimham AVL

    narasimham, Nov 20, 2003
  4. narasimham

    narasimham Guest

    Hi Mr. Dino

    Thank you very much for responding
    I am using VS.NET 2003 only.
    I am able to access otherwebservice hosted on internet. (samples ...)
    http://otn.oracle.com/ws/oracle.otn.ws.scott.OTNDeptEmp

    http://www.webservicex.net/BibleWebservice.asmx

    http://ws.digiposs.com/WorldTime.jws

    Previously I was unable to access the above webservice probably due to
    your reason being i was using VS.NET 2002.
    Now, i faced no problem in accessing in above webservices, all are
    working fine.

    I am able to access the webserivce through java client which is
    developed by us.
    When the reference file is generated the port info is given as
    (constructor)...

    public JDASWS() {
    this.Url = http://dti.fusiontech.com:80/jdas/jdas;
    }

    where the webservice is running actually at port 8080.
    The code I have written to access the webmethod say (login) is ...

    com.fusiontech.dti.JDASWS jdasws = new com.fusiontech.dti.JDASWS();
    jdasws.Timeout = -1;
    jdasws.login("john","john","");

    If the time out is not set to -1, the its saying "operation timed out",
    otherwise the error message is ...

    "An unhandled exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in
    stem.web.services.dll
    Additional information: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected
    error occurred on a receive."

    If I change the port in reference.cs to 8080 (form 80) as
    http://dti.fusiontech.com:8080/jdas/jdas,
    The error occured is ..

    "An unhandled exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in
    system.web.services.dll
    Additional information: The request failed with HTTP status 502: Proxy Error
    ( The Uniform Resource Locator (URL) does not use a recognized protocol.
    Either the protocol is not supported or the request was not typed correctly.
    Confirm that a valid protocol is in use (for example, HTTP for a Web
    request). )."

    We don't have any proxy servers in between.

    For your reference, i am giving java code too, please go through

    com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.JDASWS_Impl jdasImpl =null;
    com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.JDASInterface port=null;
    com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.SessionResult sr=null;
    try {
    jdasImpl = new com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.JDASWS_Impl();
    port = jdasImpl.getJDASInterfacePort();
    sr =
    (com.dti.jdas.server.webservices.SessionResult)port.login2("john","john","De
    sc",true);
    }
    catch(Exception e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
    }

    Please help me in figuring out the exact problem, and suggest me a
    solution.

    Thanks & Best Regards
    Narasimham AVL

    narasimham, Nov 20, 2003