plz help its urgent

Poornima

Hello

My requirement is ,when the user enters a task name in the display,i
need to store the name only in one place in memory but use it for
internal processing and display the names to the users but not the
codes.

I need to assign codes to the user/task names and use the codes for
furhter processing.
I have a structure named

typedef struct
{
TEXT task_name[16];
BYTE timelimits;
BYTE shift;
BYTE selected_keys[4];
BYTE task_state;
}TASKCONFIG_STRUCT;
TASKCONFIG_STRUCT g_taskconfigparams;
TASKCONFIG_STRUCT g_taskcode[32];

now if say g_taskcode[0].task_name i should be able to get the first
name entered,

can anyone of you please help me how to do

Thanks In Advance
Poornima

CBFalconer

Poornima said:
My requirement is ,when the user enters a task name in the
display, i need to store the name only in one place in memory but
use it for internal processing and display the names to the users
but not the codes.

I need to assign codes to the user/task names and use the codes
for furhter processing. I have a structure named

typedef struct
{
TEXT task_name[16];
BYTE timelimits;
BYTE shift;
BYTE selected_keys[4];
BYTE task_state;
}TASKCONFIG_STRUCT;
TASKCONFIG_STRUCT g_taskconfigparams;
TASKCONFIG_STRUCT g_taskcode[32];

now if say g_taskcode[0].task_name i should be able to get the
first name entered,

can anyone of you please help me how to do

Not really. Our crystal balls are cloudy. What is TEXT and BYTE?
Why do you want to hide their meanings?

newsman654

Poornima said:
Hello

My requirement is ,when the user enters a task name in the display,i
need to store the name only in one place in memory but use it for
internal processing and display the names to the users but not the
codes.

I need to assign codes to the user/task names and use the codes for
furhter processing.
I have a structure named

typedef struct
{
TEXT task_name[16];
BYTE timelimits;
BYTE shift;
BYTE selected_keys[4];
BYTE task_state;
}TASKCONFIG_STRUCT;
TASKCONFIG_STRUCT g_taskconfigparams;
TASKCONFIG_STRUCT g_taskcode[32];

with you so far, except for what appears to be typedefs of TEXT and BYTE
now if say g_taskcode[0].task_name i should be able to get the first
name entered,
Yes... Correct...
can anyone of you please help me how to do
How to do what? What exactly is the problem?