Popup Without Using Javascript

Keith

I am trying to open a popup window but without using JavaScript.

Site is in ASP.

Reason - because I am sending out a HTML email and want some links on it to
open as popup windows and Outlook and other mail clients block JavaScript.

I don't want to use Target=_Blank because I don't want to show the title
bar, menu bar etc. Only Scroll bars.

Any suggestions?

I tried using TARGET=_Blank and putting some javascript into the actual
popup window to resize itself but couldn't get rid of the title bar etc.

Philip Ronan

Keith said:
I am trying to open a popup window but without using JavaScript.

Site is in ASP.

Reason - because I am sending out a HTML email and want some links on it to
open as popup windows and Outlook and other mail clients block JavaScript.

I don't want to use Target=_Blank because I don't want to show the title
bar, menu bar etc. Only Scroll bars.

Any suggestions?

I tried using TARGET=_Blank and putting some javascript into the actual
popup window to resize itself but couldn't get rid of the title bar etc.

You can't do that, and there are perfectly good reasons why not. Look up
"phishing" on a search engine, for example.

HTML email itself is unwelcome at a lot of places. Why don't you just send a
*plain text* email containing the URL of a web page that does all your
interaction?

Steve Pugh

Keith said:
I am trying to open a popup window but without using JavaScript.

target="_blank" will open a new window. It will be nearly as annoying
as a JavaScript popup but will at least be more usable as it will
always have all the browser controls. It will also be blocked by fewer
popup blockers.
Site is in ASP.
Irrelevant.

Reason - because I am sending out a HTML email and want some links on it to
open as popup windows and Outlook and other mail clients block JavaScript.

And some users have popup blockers that block all new windows
including those via target.
I don't want to use Target=_Blank because I don't want to show the title
bar, menu bar etc. Only Scroll bars.

Why not? Those toolbars are there for the benefit of the user, if they
didn't want them then they could turn the off in their browser
settings.
Any suggestions?

Stop trying to annoy your users. They can open new windows themselves
if they want to.
I tried using TARGET=_Blank and putting some javascript into the actual
popup window to resize itself but couldn't get rid of the title bar etc.

Quite right.

Steve