posting values across several pages.Newbie

I keep running into Object reference not set to an instance of an
object problem and I'm not sure why. My source page has a couple of
textboxes and dropdowns that post values to page2.aspx. I used public
members on the source page because the information is not sensitive.
When i click on the button which has a postbackurl it works fine. Now,
when I want to post a value from page2.aspx to page3.aspx I get the
object reference problem. I have been trying to figure it out but with
no luck, the only useful information I found was on msdn which stated
if the current page is not the target of a cross-page post, the
PreviousPage property returns null . Can anyone help point me in the
right direction? or is there a better way of posting values across
several pages?

Guest

hello,
if you're using C# 2.0 then read about Page.PreviousPage property
hope it'll help