Pre-university student looking to contribute to OS project

Jason Walsh

I'm a pre-university student with about 7 months Python experience
looking for an open source project to get involved in (learn the code,
do bug fixes, etc). I've searched freshmeat.net, SourceForge, and
Google Code, and found a few possibilities, but I thought I'd ask the
list and see if there are any projects in particular that would be
good for a younger programmer like me. I've taken a look at this
(http://wiki.python.org/moin/CodingProjectIdeas) and there's good
things there, but I'd really like to get involved in a pre-existing
project.

Thanks for the help,

Jason

Stef Mientki

Jason said:
I'm a pre-university student with about 7 months Python experience
looking for an open source project to get involved in (learn the code,
do bug fixes, etc). I've searched freshmeat.net, SourceForge, and
Google Code, and found a few possibilities, but I thought I'd ask the
list and see if there are any projects in particular that would be
good for a younger programmer like me. I've taken a look at this
(http://wiki.python.org/moin/CodingProjectIdeas) and there's good
things there, but I'd really like to get involved in a pre-existing
project.
You might take a look at PyLab_Works,
although I use parts of it as a regular tool,
it's in pre-alfa stage and not yet released.
http://code.google.com/p/pylab-works/

http://oase.uci.kun.nl/~mientki/data_www/pylab_works/pw_animations_screenshots.html
http://pylab-works.googlecode.com/files/pw_manual.pdf
cheers,