Printing Problems

Tracey

Hey folks, I have an ASP.NET web app that's working just
fine, but a small percentage have two printing problems
that don't happen to the vast majority of users. These
problems are listed below and do NOT appear on the print
preview, but do when they actually print:

Radio buttons aren't printing at all.

Disable values are not printing, like the text in a
disabled text box.

Anybody got some information on this?

George Ter-Saakov

My guess it has nothing to do with the .NET
It's Browser problem I would just upgrade the browser.

George.

Tracey

My guess is that it isn't .NET either, but they're still
having the problem and I don't know what to do about it
other than tell them to get someone in there to look at
their printer/printer setup. Their browsers are state of
the art (IE 6.0) :( It's very odd and I just hoped someone
else had encountered this before.

S. Justin Gengo

Tracey,

I have no idea if you'll solve the problem by doing this but if you can I
would compare IE's advanced options between a browser that is working
correctly and one that is not.

In internet explorer Tools - Internet Options - Advanced Tab

Maybe one of the settings there is causing the problem?

Sincerely,

--
S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer

Free code library at:
www.aboutfortunate.com

"Out of chaos comes order."
Nietzche

Sabre

Tracey

My radio buttons don't print on my new HP, but do on older HP printer. Just
a thought. Not sure about disabled text.

Graeme