Printing

Jeremy Chapman

We've got a web application that is viewed on various PDAs as well as on
desktop machines. We're trying to come up with a good printing solution.
The report is fairly simple. We've thought of generating a PDF, or just
printing a generated HTML page. The issue around PDF is that every client
needs a pfd viewer, and can PDAs handle them? The problem with HTML is that
we can't control page headers, and browsers usually add the url and other
information to headers and footers on each page, which we'd probably be
unable to suppress.

I'm interested to know if others have suggestions or have found better
solutions...

Bren

Hi Jeremy

PDAs can handle PDFs as there is a mobile device PDF viewer available from
Adobe, or you could use css for print layout as an alternative to standard
genetrated html pages.
Also if you are using HP devices I believe there is a HP mobile printing
facility but I have never used it before.

rgds
bren

Why do I climb mountains? Simple! because they are there.
www.3peakschallenge.co.uk