Problem Deploying web site with Crystal Reports

Scooby Dog

I have created a asp.net web site using Visual Studio 2008 and Crytal
Reports. I have two small reports that work perfectly on my development
machine, and I have tripple checked that I have added reference to the
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine in my project. I do not have any
CrystalReports dll's in my bin folder but when select my project and then
click on the properties window the following refereces are there.

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine,
CrystalDecisions.EnterpriseFrameWork, CrystalDecisions.Enterprice.InfoStore,
CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc, CrystalDecisions.ReportSource,
CrystalDecisions.Shared, CrystalDecisions.Web

I have tried publishing, I have tried creating a Deployment Package etc and
I continue to get the same error. Is there some deployment assembly that I
am supposed to include with my install etc.

The error is:

Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine,
Version=10.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or
one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Nizumzen

[...]

It sounds like you don't have Crystal Reports installed on the server.
Install it and it should work fine.

Scooby Dog

How do you install it on the server? I have Visula Studio 2008. Note: I
went to the Crystal Reports web site and downloaded these files.

CRRuntime_12_2_mlb.exe and installed that on the server, which states that
it's the 'Crystal REports 2008 Runtime sp2'. That did nothing to make the
problem go away.

I downloaded:

'Crystal Reports 2008 Fix Pack 2.5 - Merge Modules' - The Merge Modules
are several files.msm that I have no idea how to include in my project.

'Crystal Reports 2008 Fix Pack 2.5 - Redist Install'

My question is what do I download, and how do I get it on the server.

Dave

Andy O'Neill

Scooby Dog said:
How do you install it on the server? I have Visula Studio 2008. Note: I
went to the Crystal Reports web site and downloaded these files.

CRRuntime_12_2_mlb.exe and installed that on the server, which states that
it's the 'Crystal REports 2008 Runtime sp2'. That did nothing to make the
problem go away.

I downloaded:

'Crystal Reports 2008 Fix Pack 2.5 - Merge Modules' - The Merge Modules
are several files.msm that I have no idea how to include in my project.

'Crystal Reports 2008 Fix Pack 2.5 - Redist Install'

My question is what do I download, and how do I get it on the server.

Dave
You download the msi install packages and install them on the server in the
same way you do with any install.
http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/runtime.asp

Scooby Dog

Thanks everyone:

I found the runtime msi files installed and everything is now working!

Dave.

Joined
Oct 11, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
You may want to consider a solution like rePORTAL located at reportalsoftware.com. It is a complete web portal and distribution solution for publishing Crystal and SSRS reports without the need for any coding.