Problem getting MoinMoin going

funny_leech

Please tell me if there's a better group to post this in--

I've been trying to get a MoinMoin installation up-and-running for the
last two days. I've installed the latest MoinMoin version, mod_python
(v. 2.3.4) is running, using Apache on a White Box Enterprise Linux VPS
installation.

So the basic MoinMoin install looks good--I can import it into Python
no problem. It's when I create a Wiki and run the test page that I get
problems. Here's a snippet from the test page (mywiki?action=test):

MoinMoin Diagnosis
======================

Release 1.5.0
Revision release
Python version 2.3.4 (#1, Mar 15 2005, 09:11:18)
[GCC 3.4.3 20041212 (Red Hat 3.4.3-9.EL4)]
Python installed to /usr
PyXML is installed
Python Path:

[...]

Server Environment:
ONLY AVAILABLE FOR LOCAL REQUESTS ON THIS HOST!

Unit Tests:
testComment01
(MoinMoin._tests.test_converter_text_html_text_x_moin.ConvertBlockRepeatableTests)
.... FAIL
testComment02
(MoinMoin._tests.test_converter_text_html_text_x_moin.ConvertBlockRepeatableTests)
.... FAIL
testHeading01
(MoinMoin._tests.test_converter_text_html_text_x_moin.ConvertBlockRepeatableTests)
.... FAIL
testHeading02
(MoinMoin._tests.test_converter_text_html_text_x_moin.ConvertBlockRepeatableTests)
.... FAIL
testListSuccess01
(MoinMoin._tests.test_converter_text_html_text_x_moin.ConvertBlockRepeatableTests)
.... ok
testListSuccess02
(MoinMoin._tests.test_converter_text_html_text_x_moin.ConvertBlockRepeatableTests)
.... ok
testListSuccess03
(MoinMoin._tests.test_converter_text_html_text_x_moin.ConvertBlockRepeatableTests)
.... ok
testListSuccess04
(MoinMoin._tests.test_converter_text_html_text_x_moin.ConvertBlockRepeatableTests)
.... ok
testListSuccess05
(MoinMoin._tests.test_converter_text_html_text_x_moin.ConvertBlockRepeatableTests)
.... ok
testListSuccess06
(MoinMoin._tests.test_converter_text_html_text_x_moin.ConvertBlockRepeatableTests)
.... ok
testListSuccess07
(MoinMoin._tests.test_converter_text_html_text_x_moin.ConvertBlockRepeatableTests)
.... FAIL
testListSuccess08
(MoinMoin._tests.test_converter_text_html_text_x_moin.ConvertBlockRepeatableTests)
.... FAIL
testListSuccess09
(MoinMoin._tests.test_converter_text_html_text_x_moin.ConvertBlockRepeatableTests)
.... FAIL
testListSuccess10
(MoinMoin._tests.test_converter_text_html_text_x_moin.ConvertBlockRepeatableTests)
.... FAIL
testListSuccess11
(MoinMoin._tests.test_converter_text_html_text_x_moin.ConvertBlockRepeatableTests)
.... FAIL
testListSuccess12
(MoinMoin._tests.test_converter_text_html_text_x_moin.ConvertBlockRepeatableTests)
.... FAIL
testListSuccess13
(MoinMoin._tests.test_converter_text_html_text_x_moin.ConvertBlockRepeatableTests)
.... FAIL
testListSuccess14
(MoinMoin._tests.test_converter_text_html_text_x_moin.ConvertBlockRepeatableTests)
.... FAIL
testListSuccess15
(MoinMoin._tests.test_converter_text_html_text_x_moin.ConvertBlockRepeatableTests)
.... ok
testListSuccess16
(MoinMoin._tests.test_converter_text_html_text_x_moin.ConvertBlockRepeatableTests)
.... ok

with the extended error looking like this:

ERROR: testSyntaxReference
(MoinMoin._tests.test_formatter.FormatterTestCase)
Traceback (most recent call last):

[...]

TypeError: cannot deepcopy this pattern object

I'm guessing that this all has something to do with the last line
(here's a heads-up: I know *nothing* about Python), but googling it
doesn't turn up anything useful. Trust me, I have *scoured* the
moinmoin site looking for a hint, nothing doing.

And also, I installed this all *to the letter*. I've read the install
instructions many times, and even uninstalled and reinstalled the wiki
instance twice.

I'm really pulling my hair out here, and would appreciate any help.

Thanks, Walter

Walter Gildersleeve
Freiburg, Germany

http://linkfrog.net
URL Shortening
Free and easy, small and green.

funny_leech

Howdy,

I got it going--apparently, it's an incompatability between MoinMoin
1.5.0 and Python 2.3.4. Python 2.3.5 and greater works.

There's a patch for MoinMoin 1.5.0 at :

http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinBugs/DeepCopyError

This will be included in all future MoinMoin releases, so it's only
necessary for this particular Python/MoinMoin combination.