Problem Solving Skills for Engineers

bparanj

Hello,

I have been a software developer for the past 10 years now. I get job
descriptions that requires problem-solving skills as one of the most
desirable skills in a candidate. But there are not many resources that
is devoted to this topic.

So, I have created a website for problem solving skills, please check
it out at http://www.ProblemSolvingSkill.net.

Thanks,
Bala

Richard Heathfield

(e-mail address removed) said:
Hello,

I have been a software developer for the past 10 years now. I get job
descriptions that requires problem-solving skills as one of the most
desirable skills in a candidate. But there are not many resources that
is devoted to this topic.

This guy is multiposting around the place, which shows that he's clueless.
So, I have created a website for problem solving skills, please check
it out at <elided>

His site is basically an advertisement for his book. It demonstrates his
lack of grammar skills, and his fondness for multiple exclamation marks!!!

johanlingen

however clueless it might be to you, I'm still interested in what he
has to say. Only I'm a bit hesitant to download pssp.exe, which I have
to do before downloading his e-book...
Has anyone tried (and survived) it yet?

Johan

PS: smart engineers create as much problems as they can solve within 40
hrs/week...

(e-mail address removed) schreef:

Vladimir S. Oka

(e-mail address removed) schreef:

however clueless it might be to you, I'm still interested in what he
has to say. Only I'm a bit hesitant to download pssp.exe, which I have
to do before downloading his e-book...
Has anyone tried (and survived) it yet?

Johan

PS: smart engineers create as much problems as they can solve within 40
hrs/week...

Do not top-post in c.l.c, some consider it clueless... I've corrected
it now.

Back to our main number:

The author is not only clueless, he's also cruel in choice of colours
on his web site. On top of all that his math skills are dubious, to say
the least. It seems that he considers improving something two times to
be the same as improving it by 50%.

And, one downloads executables from dodgy web sites (especially the
ones with flashy colours) at one's own peril. You have been warned.

As an aside, I personally doubt that problem solving skills are
something you learn by reading a book -- any single book.

Richard Heathfield

(e-mail address removed) said:
however clueless it might be to you, I'm still interested in what he
has to say.

Well, that's up to you, of course.
Only I'm a bit hesitant to download pssp.exe, which I have
to do before downloading his e-book...
Has anyone tried (and survived) it yet?

I haven't tried it, partly because I have no desire to part with the money
(I didn't notice a "free sample" section), and partly because I can tell
from the information you have given above that there would be no point in
trying. (I use Linux, so .exe files are a bit of a waste of time.)