Problem to load applet Mac os X

sebos

Hi,

I have 3 applets in my application, on three different jsp pages.

On Mac os X,they work very well when java console is displayed. But,
when the console is hidden, the first applet is correctly executed but
the second can't be loaded and I have to kill Firefox.

On Windows, i have no problem, with or without java console.

I don't know if the problem is due to java configuration or into applet
code ... and my applets are very simple. They are certificated because
i have to read a directory on client computer.

Thanks,

Seb

sebos

But, in my case, i have only 1 applet per page. In the first page
(login page), an applet reads a client directory and returns values
with JsObject to communicate with javascript. This one works well. But,
when i go on the second page after loging, my second applet doesn t
work (when java consoel is hidden, otherwise it's ok). It has to
display picture found in client directory.

I don t know how to resolve this bug ...

Ike

It may be a bug in the Sun database,though, as you point out, likely a
different bug than the one I quoted you (which I am wrestling with a
workaround for!).

If that is the case, perhaps you could do a workaround as follows:

JTextArea debugTxtConsole = new JTextArea();
PrintStream out = new PrintStream(new TextAreaOutputStream(
debugTxtConsole) );
System.setOut( out );
System.setErr( out );

//this would redirect the console output to a text area, which is not
displayed, perhaps an ugly workaround for this problem you are having -Ike

sebos

thx for your help.

Thx for your solution. I tried it but my problem is another :-( When I
load my jsp the first time, I have no problem, applet is correctly
executed but the second time, the applet can't be loaded .... and
firefox is blocked ...

do you have an idea ?

sebos

I add just Applet can't be loaded only when console is hidden. when it
s displayed, i have no problem

sebos

So ....

My problem is due to local network and only firefox 1.5.1 ...

When I put my applets on my web site, I have no problem... with or
without console.

Then, I put my applets on my first computer, and with my second i
connect to it. With open console -> no problem. With hidden console, i
can execute applet juste one time, and they fail the second time.