Problem with asp.net application on Domain controller

M. D'Costa

Hello,

I have a machine that was promoted to a domain controller, this machine is
also a web server and has .NET v1.0 and v1.1 installed.

After the promotion, none of the ASP.NET applications can be viewed
properly.
Permissions to the "Temporary ASP.NET Files" folder was denied. I found an
article on msdn about creating a "weak account" which will act for the
ASPNET account, since on a domain controller all accounts run as domain
accounts not localmachine accounts - and the latter is what ASP.NET
requires.

I created the "weak account" and assigned it to the Users group, and granted
permissions to the Temporary ASP.NET Files folder to it, I also changed the
username and password attributes of the "process Model" tag in the
machine.config file.

But - the applications still don't work. Before the promotion to a domain
controller, the applications worked fine.

Any help will be appreciated :)

Thanks,
Marise

M. D'Costa

ASPNET can no longer be used because on a domain controller all accounts run
as domain accounts and the ASP account needs to be a local account on the
machine for the aspnet_wp.exe to run.